In the Second Life Viewer
- Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Graphics and then move the bar for "quality and performance" to "High" or even "Ultra" if your graphics card allows it.
- Tick the "custom" tickbox to get more options. Try sliding the "Draw Distance" higher to see further.
- Enable the "Advanced" menu with Ctrl/Alt/D on Windows systems, on a Mac use Cmd/Opt/Shift/D;
- Select Advanced -> Disable Camera Constraints to disable camera constraints and allow the camera to be drawn back further;
- Select Advanced -> High-res Snapshot to get higher resolution snapshots.