Identification | Instrumented | Integrated
A Second Life tag which you "wear" and which can give a range of identification, communication, instrumentation options, etc.
Work is underway to use of this for:
- Avatar labelling with real name, organization, and other details for appropriate events. Joomla and Drupal CMS linkup so that users can (selectively) display their real name and organization on their avatar if they choose to. (using Wene Chke's sl_contact_xt module in Joomla and his SlUser module in Drupal)
- Twitter post and status updates
- Twitter "bubbler" notifications of new tweets incoming on a search tag (e.g. #openvce) and whether to have llOwnerSay through the I-Tag of Tweets
- Chat logging with ability to turn off and on the authorisation of logs
- hand raise/lower animations
- polling/voting support
- Anti-idler enable/disable
- I-X technology and I-Room meeting and event support facilities
- SL position reporting to web services and the ability to turn it on and off
- A way to better inform external systems and meeting participants about the presence of avatar, their position in the meeting space, and to provide access to the most common forms of information, such as real world persona and link to their user profile, could be useful. Consider an instrumented "I-Seat" connected to the I-X Services and I-Room helper.
I-Room Helper, I-Seat, I-HUD and I-Tag
4 items may be used in combination:
I-Room Helper: a single location specific facility/meeting space/I-Room object to link the VW to external services (like I-X, Twitter and Joomla/Drupal).
I-Seat: multiple seat position specific places which can be taken/sat upon by avatars. These sense the avatar, can get the avatar UUID and use that and avatar name to authenticate and report presence. This device might use communication with the I-Room helper, and be controllable via chat on a dedicated channel number announced to the avatar (and the I-Room helper) on seat occupancy.
I-HUD: A way to assist users, and especially new users, to select suitable camera angles, or focus on specific screens, displays or in-world objects under discussion would be useful. Consider an "I-HUD"- perhaps associated with the "I-Tag" - to allow the current media feed, or specific in-world textures in posters, screens, etc (all displayed via changing the texture UUID of a part of the HUD) without the user having to select specific camera positions or media screens. Support for presenters in event to preview slides and conrol what is display.
I-Tag: an avatar attachment worn or used as a HUD which can provide avatar services, linkups with external services such as Twitter, Blogs, I-X, etc.
An "I-Seat" might be a useful way to populate a positional map (in the I-X JPEG background maps facility) but also shown to the I-Room similar to BuddySpace maps with positional avatar presence indicators... like you might draw a meeting room table and write on avatars/real names as people introduce themselves... but done automatically as people sit down, and using data held in the 2D web profiles.