These are draft Standard Operating Procedures for OpenVCE Events. There will be different protocols and procedures for different types of meeting, and there could be a big difference depending on whether the events open to all comers, or closed to nominated attendees or groups.
Prcedure in Adnance of Meeting (for Meeting Manager)
- Nominate in world event manager, security and assistance avatar(s)
Functions for Meeting Manager
Functions for Security Office
- Be first point of contact for abuse procedures if a higher level administrator ies not in the Event.
Functions for Meeting Assistant
- Look at event participant profiles to see fi any are very recent entrants, to be prepared to asist them.
- Be prrpared to assist people who are strugglingwith features, media feeds, etc.. Use IM as soon as osisble for this. Use prebuilt standard advice via FAQ Tips Web pages.
- After event refine FAQ Tips.
Prepare for Potential Abusive Participants
- Take a note of plot settings that may be changed to replace them afterwards
- Set standard security model to allow maximum access but void silliness (NOTE could be much tighter access and security for relevant meetings).
- About land -> Options: object build only by plot group members - individual build off; fly, push, edit terrain, etc all off; safe mode on; leave object entry and run scripts on unless cause a problem.
- World -> Region/Estate -> Estate - check any previously banned residents, etc to be aware of previous issues.
Standard Procedure for Dealing with Abuse
- Make sure you have chat/IM logging on.
- Bring to attention of nominated security avatar.. or if they are unavailable any other officer/in world POC.
- IM (not open chat) griefer and ask them to desist
- If they persist, warn them by IM (not open chat) what you will do and then "kick them from estate" (a temporary removal)
- If return or cause other issues, add them to ban list for the region/estate as appropriate.
- Report the matter with the IM/chat log to Austin Tate who maintains the abuse reports for Vue.
- Refer any appeal or back chat with the banned person to Austin Tate, who can handle appeals.
- The final authority on Appeals is the Vue Regional Planning Authority (VRPA) for Vue.