- An OpenVCE.net area for collaboration within I4IS is available at http://openvce.net/i4is.
- This is a wiki area for discussions on technology and projects for the Initiative for Interstellar Studies (I4IS).
- It is maintained by Austin Tate as a temporary resource especially for discussions on the use of Autonomous Systems, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics for Interstellar missions.
Autonomous Systems, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics for Interstellar Missions
To be added.
Eric Horvitz, an AI pioneer and previous chairman of the Association for the Advancement of AI (AAAI), wrote a short story to give input to a NASA visioning team in 1986 . This describes the "Spaceleap" idea for self contained habitats to reach out further and longer.
Links and Information
Some of these may be shared for short periods as a convenience to those involved in technology and project discussions.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr3vXuxEPB8 NASA Colab Youtube Video].
- NASA MoonWorld Virtual Fieldwork for Planetary Geology - Report by Austin Tate, 16-Apr-2012, MSc in e-Learning, University of Edinburgh (PDF Format).